“We are committed to protecting your privacy.
To Process Your Order Correctly
For our own records so that we can contact you for Domain Name Renewals, essential information regarding changes or upgrades to services such as Forwarding, Email and Web Hosting. We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent. We will not pass your e-mail address to other trusted traders unless you agree.
Protection of Customer Information
We understand the importance of privacy to our customers and visitors to Asia InfoTech web sites. For many years, our policy has been to treat what we learn about our customers as confidential. For example, we will not give or sell confidential or Personal Information (as described below) about our customer to any third party not affiliated with their transaction, except as required by law or as necessary to provide Asia InfoTech services to the customer.
We collect and store information about every transaction we handle so that we can efficiently provide the delivery services demanded by our customers. We use information about our customers, their transactions, and their traffic activity to provide or enhance the services we make available to our customers, communicate with our customers about additional services they may find of value, satisfy our legitimate business interests (including performing trend analysis and market studies), set prices, establish credit, accomplish the billing function, and comply with government regulations. Although government regulations vary in the many countries in which we operate, they frequently include the reporting of information to customs, and other regulatory agencies.
Some of the information collected by Asia InfoTech is data which relates to an identifiable person ("Personal Information"). Examples of Personal Information are names, addresses, e-mail addresses, credit card numbers and telephone numbers. We never sell information to third parties that could be used to specifically identify an individual customer or group of customers. Anonymized data, with all names, addresses and other Personal Information removed, is sometimes shared with third parties. Finally, we do provide Personal Information to government agencies as required by law or regulation.
The Asia InfoTech Web Sites
- What Information We Collect and How We Will Use It
- Users can visit most areas of Asia InfoTech Web Sites without revealing who they are or providing any information about themselves. However, some of our interactive services require that users identify themselves in order to enable the interactive function. We may ask users to provide some Personal Information in these situations.
- Links to Other Sites
- Asia InfoTech provides links to external sites as a convenience to the user. The inclusion of any link does not imply Asia InfoTech endorsement of the external site company, its web site, or the products and services it promotes and sells. Asia InfoTech is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
- Web Survey
- From time to time, we include survey forms on the Asia InfoTech Web Sites to better understand our customers' needs and to create web sites that respond to their interests. Customers may opt-out of participating in follow-up surveys. Asia InfoTech will not disclose survey response information to companies or individuals outside Asia InfoTech with two exceptions:
- Anonymized data, with all names, addresses and other personally identifiable information removed.
- To vendors who are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are restricted from using the information for any purpose other than helping to provide services to AIT or AIT customers.
- Asia InfoTech Web Site Applications
- Users of AIT Internet Shipping and other applications on the AIT Web Sites that enable the purchase of products and services who choose to use credit cards for payment are required to provide information about themselves and their card. We use this information to establish credit for billing.
- IP Addresses
- The AIT Web Sites collect IP addresses for system administration, security, and statistical analysis purposes. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer whenever it is connected to the Internet. We log these addresses and analyze them to understand where requests originate so that we can provide the most efficient service, enhance security, ensure appropriate usage and produce traffic volume statistics.
- Consent To Receive Certain E-Mails
- AIT allows registered users to opt out of receiving e-mails regarding AIT products, services and special offers from us. Opting-out can be accomplished by editing the Profile in My AIT and selecting the option labeled, "No, I prefer not to receive this type of e-mail from AIT."
- Expiration of Data
- Personal information provided on the AIT registration form will be deleted if the user does not access My Asia InfoTech for 14 months.
Contacting Asia InfoTech
If you have questions and suggestion about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your experience on any of the AIT Web Sites, you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org